Confidence to be active independently
Blind people wish to walk around on their own without anyone else’s assistance and this can be achieved with great benefit by owning a BAWA Cane.
BAWA Cane for All
Caring for Blind Family and Friends Made Easier
By introducing BAWA Cane to the people you care about, you can help them avoid tripping and falling and hurting themselves while walking.
With the BAWA Cane you become more confident and feel less anxious about your visually impaired family and friends who loves going out for an adventure of their own.
By giving a BAWA Cane, you are recreating hope for your loved ones and instilling them with confidence to be active independently. Studies shows that individuals with visual impairment who travel more frequently outdoors are at lower risk of head-level or fall accidents.
BAWA Cane as mobility aids are safer, faster, and more dynamic which seemingly translates into mobility confidence. Increasing mobility confidence translates to an increase of social contact and independence.
Read about how we cared for our late grandmother, who had glaucoma and cataract, be mobile and independent on our blog.
People who turned blind, face immense trouble carrying out their daily activities, leaving them with both physical and mental pain, lets help them fulfil their desires—work, play, socialise.
BAWA Cane detects overhanging (above–knee) obstacle such as signboards and branches.
BAWA Cane ensures our users reach their destination safely with wide-angle detection.
BAWA Cane detects even the smallest of obstacles like handrails of stairs or objects that generally have a narrower base.
Actions make dreams come true
BAWA Cane is the clip-on, secured IoT device that can help visually impaired people navigate and reach a destination—even if it is their first time at a location—safely avoiding hazards along their way there to satisfy whatever their passions, wants and needs are.
Sensing. Above. Below.
Meticulously crafted to be a powerful, ultralight mobility and navigation aid features the BAWA Sight+TM sensor fusion technology that just understands the surrounding.
Audio. Haptic. Both.
Engineered to give you the reliability and safety you need in an assistive device features the BAWA Alert+TM multisensory feedback experience that just gets the message across.
Security. Privacy. Built-in.
Learns. Adapts. You.
Empowering every white cane with cutting edge artificial neural network which tailor-make each unique user experience that ultimately becomes an extension of you6.
Optimised. All-day. Usage.
Intricately forged around an exceptionally low-energy, high-performance and versatile ARM® CortexTM-M4F CPU running at 64 MHz that just keeps on going.
Connect. Personalise. More.
Complete your BAWA experience by connecting effortlessly via Bluetooth® with the perfect companion app, BAWA Cane mobile app, that shows your daily activity and more.
The BAWA Cane Team’s mission is
“to revolutionize the way visually impaired could better perceive their environment by empowering them with technological support”
BAWA Cane made possible with our awesome partners
BAWA Cane as seen on
- BAWA Cane clips onto existing white canes of diameter ranging from 11 to 14mm. White canes not included. Battery life up to 3 days. Battery has limited recharge cycles and may eventually need to be replaced by a Wangi Lai PLT Authorized Service Provider.
- BAWA Cane has a detection resolution of ±1cm, detection range up to 4.5m, and sensor angular coverage of 45°. Sensors are splash, water and dust resistant, though, device have yet undergo Ingress Protection (IP) tests. Do not attempt to charge a wet BAWA Cane.
- Users are required to undergo proper mobility and orientation training for effective usage of device. There is a learning curve whereby users need to familiarise with the various alerts and haptic feedbacks from BAWA Cane. Refer to the product manual for more information.
- BAWA Cane sends SMS to pre-configured emergency contact(s). SMS charges applies.
- Mobile phones not included. BAWA Cane mobile app runs on Android 5.0+. iOS coming soon.
- Experiences may varies. Our team may push updates and improvements to the artificial intelligence (AI) model which requires your device to undergo secure device firmware updates. Firmware updates are free of charge, and performed through the BAWA Cane mobile app.