BAWA Cane is an intelligent, lightweight, and portable assistive device for existing white canes that reduces head-level and fall accidents.
Available on back-order
For our loved ones adjusting to living with sight loss and for people who find themselves constantly knocking into everyday objects when using a white cane, we bring you BAWA Cane.
BAWA Cane is a clip-on device for existing white canes to help the blind and visually impaired community identify and avoid obstacles through shared insights and foresight.
Audio and haptic alerts whenever there is an obstacle, be it above or below knee-level, within 1.2 meters in the direction of where your white cane is pointing towards.
Different alerts for the different types of objects. As a matter of fact, there is a learning curve whereby users need to familiarise with the various alerts and vibration feedbacks.
Available on back-order
Is BAWA Cane suitable for my height?
Each BAWA Cane is unique to you. BAWA Cane comes with a mobile application4 that calibrates and personalises your BAWA Cane to fit your daily lifestyle and not the other way round.
Sensing. Above. Below.
Meticulously crafted to be a powerful, ultralight mobility and navigation aid features the BAWA Sight+TM sensor fusion technology that just understands the surrounding.
Audio. Haptic. Both.
Engineered to give you the reliability and safety you need in an assistive device features the BAWA Alert+TM multisensory feedback experience that just gets the message across.
Security. Privacy. Built-in.
Learns. Adapts. You.
Empowering every white cane with cutting edge artificial neural network which tailor-make each unique user experience that ultimately becomes an extension of you5.
Optimised. All-day. Usage.
Intricately forged around an exceptionally low-energy, high-performance and versatile ARM® CortexTM-M4F CPU running at 64 MHz that just keeps on going.
Connect. Personalise. More.
Complete your BAWA experience by connecting effortlessly via Bluetooth® with the perfect companion app, BAWA Cane mobile app, that shows your daily activity and more.
- BAWA Cane clips onto existing white canes of diameter ranging from 11 to 14mm. White canes not included. Battery life up to 3 days. Battery has limited recharge cycles and may eventually need to be replaced by a Wangi Lai PLT Authorized Service Provider.
- BAWA Cane has a detection resolution of ±1cm, detection range up to 4.5m, and sensor angular coverage of 45°. Sensors are splash, water and dust resistant, though, device have yet undergo Ingress Protection (IP) tests. Do not attempt to charge a wet BAWA Cane.
- Users are required to undergo proper mobility and orientation training for effective usage of device. There is a learning curve whereby users need to familiarise with the various alerts and haptic feedbacks from BAWA Cane. Refer to the product manual for more information.
- Mobile phones not included. BAWA Cane mobile app runs on Android 5.0+. iOS coming soon.
- Experiences may varies. Our team may push updates and improvements to the artificial intelligence (AI) model which requires your device to undergo secure device firmware updates. Firmware updates are free of charge, and performed through the BAWA Cane mobile app.